Ways I Hurt Myself To Hurt You, Lora Mathis
An ongoing photo series exploring people’s destructive habits following breakups.
I wanna be hot enough to make people question their sexual orientation
want to drown myself in more alcohol n forget about your face for a while n everything nice you ever said to me.
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapters make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.
- For unhappy girls who like sitting in the sun (h.f.j.)
-Brené Brown, Daring Greatly (via im-simply-me)
-Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being (via larmoyante)
-F. Scott Fitzgerald, Dearly Beloved (via awelltraveledwoman)